DOMove resets to original position when clicking out of Unity
« on: December 10, 2015, 02:47:12 AM »
Hi,

I'm new to Unity and DOTween.  I have a very simple gameobject prefab that is instantiated at the beginning of the game and DOMove is called on mouse click to move it's transform.  It works perfectly, however when I click out of Unity to a different Windows tab and click back into Unity, the prefab moves back to it's original position.  Is this suppose to happen?  How do I keep it at it's end position?  Any relevant info on how all this works would be helpful.  Thanks!

Daniele

• Dr. Admin, I presume
    • View Profile
    • Demigiant
Re: DOMove resets to original position when clicking out of Unity
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 10:38:04 AM »
Hi,

I can't replicate this issue. But you mean it happens in the Unity Editor? Or in builds? Can you tell me more?

Cheers,
Daniele

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 04:45:41 PM »
It happens in the build when I press play.  Testing it further, I don't think my issue has anything to do with the DOMove as it also occurs if I simply change the transform of the gameobject to a new vector (without Tweening).  The gameobject is a child of the UI grid layout, so I'm thinking maybe that is my problem?  I'll need to look into this more...

Daniele

• Dr. Admin, I presume
    • View Profile
    • Demigiant
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 07:43:47 PM »
That is very weird. Maybe there's a bug where the grid layout is somehow shrinked when Unity loses focus, or its internal areas get messed up. Did you try it on the latest Unity 5.3?