DOJump problem in 2D
« on: August 11, 2015, 12:08:54 AM »
I have some problems in DoJump.

As in picture problem.jpg (Attachment) I would like to "jump" my object in "green route" from red square to blue square (Tilebased game, with kinematic objects no physics)

Anyways object seems to always jump as "purple route" to zero y.. It jumps to zero y even I am in for example coordinates 100,100... X-axis seems work well.

I use:
float jumpPower = 1f;

transform.DOJump(end, jumpPower, 1, 0.25f);

If I chance jumpPower to 0.1f or 100f object still jumps to zero y.

I have also tried DOLocalJump().. same problem there.

Any idea what is wrong?

Daniele

• Dr. Admin, I presume
    • View Profile
    • Demigiant
Re: DOJump problem in 2D
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 01:05:25 PM »
Hi,

That's weird. I can't replicate your issue, but maybe you have an older DOTween version? Update to the latest one and let me know. If the error still happens after that, can you send me a sample project that replicates it?

Cheers,
Daniele

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 10:19:19 PM »
Hmm.

I think I got version from assetstore:
1.0.750 (I have bought PRO license)

I try check update in Unity. But after install it still says "You got 1.0.750 try update"

But your download section shows version 1.0.810 (But is this PRO?)

« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 10:30:05 PM by DJVDJV »

Daniele

• Dr. Admin, I presume
    • View Profile
    • Demigiant
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 11:30:23 PM »
Follow the instructions here, so that I can grant you access to the private download area on this forum (which is more up to date because Asset Store updates are usually pretty slow).

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 07:36:10 AM »
Hello,

Okis. I was member area already.

1) I upgraded to version -> DOTween Pro [pre-release] 0.9.320.

2) After that I got lot errors look (problem.png).

3) I  removed DOTween. ReInstalled from Unity Asset store and retry (same problem).

4) I tried run "DOTweenUtilityPanel" and whole Unity (5.1.1) freezed for 20 min (Then I force quit Unity)

5) Next I tried run Unity, and Unity was not able to run with my setting.. and reset all my setting were reset.. + still errors

6) I run TextMesh Pro - Unity 5.0 Beta 2.2.unitypackage from TextMesh pro forums... And still errors.

7) Did this:
replace the "DOTweenTextMeshPro.cs" and "DOTweenAnimation.cs" files you'll find in "Demigiant/DOTweenPro" with the ones attached here.
replace the "DOTweenAnimationInspector.cs" file you'll find in "Demigiant/DOTweenPro/Editor" with the one attached here.

Now I don't know what to do and my project is still broken with few errors. (problem2)

I really should do all this if I want update DOTween? (And still errors)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 08:14:37 AM by DJVDJV »

Daniele

• Dr. Admin, I presume
    • View Profile
    • Demigiant
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 01:04:38 PM »
That is very weird, upgrading DOTween should be a very easy thing, I'm puzzled and sorry for this issue. Just import it again, run the Setup (fundamental) and it's done. It seems like Unity messed up some meta when importing it again, which may happen, but in that case a simple restart of Unity fixes it.

There are specific upgrade instructions for versions prior to 0.9.255, but you had a newer version so that's ok.

Can you try to:
  • Restart Unity
  • Reimport the latest version of DOTween Pro
  • Restart Unity again and run the Setup[/i]
Also, check that you hadn't moved DOTween in another folder, and thus ended with multiple copies of it.