Warning during iOS build&run
« on: May 31, 2015, 02:42:13 PM »
Hi again,

This doesn't appear to cause any problems in the actual build on the phone, but I did notice this just now:

Assembly 'DemiLib' has non matching file name: 'DemiLib 1.dll'. This can cause build issues on some platforms.
UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

Is this something to be concerned about?  I don't really know much about the build process, so not sure, but I am always trying to minimise warnings in my own code so I like to at least understand what they mean if there are any.

Regards,
Shannon

Daniele

• Dr. Admin, I presume
    • View Profile
    • Demigiant
Re: Warning during iOS build&run
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 07:55:36 PM »
Hi Shannon,

I honestly never heard of that log, nor can I find any reference to it on the internet. When do you get it? As soon as you import? When building?

That said, there should definitely nothing to be worried about. DemiLib is only used inside the Editor, to make nicer Inspectors for DOTween Pro.

Cheers,
Daniele

Daniele

• Dr. Admin, I presume
    • View Profile
    • Demigiant
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 07:58:06 PM »
Actually, I just realized I was using an incorrect term in the search. I found this thread. Is it possible that you copy-pasted DemiLib.dll, and ended with an additional file in the Project called DemiLib 1.dll? If so, you should delete it.

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 09:21:05 PM »
Ah yes, you're right, there was an erroneous extra copy.   :-[

I had been pulling all my plugins in and out and copying older versions in trying to narrow down the root cause of a build problem, so I must have messed it up then.

Thanks for saving me with your lateral thinking!

Daniele

• Dr. Admin, I presume
    • View Profile
    • Demigiant
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 09:47:40 PM »
Glad it's solved :)