Problem on iOS builds since 0.9.255
« on: May 18, 2015, 05:10:02 PM »
Hi again,

I have been upgrading with the versions of DOTween Pro in the members area and these were running fine in the editor over the last few weeks.  However, today I did a build to the phone and discovered that my menu bars (using the Move tween on UGUI panels) are now only tweening in half way and then stopping. 

I went back to 0.9.225 and built again and confirmed that it still works properly on the phone on that version.  But anything from 0.9.255 or greater (and yes, I did the "select all game objects" step each time) doesn't seem to work properly on the phone.  It all works just fine in the editor though, which is the oddest part about it.  Could there be some sort of stale sizing data cached in there somewhere that the "select game objects" step isn't catering for, perhaps?

One thing that might help with figuring it out - in my canvas I have a reference size of 320*480 and when it runs on my iPhone 4S the resolution there is 640*960.  Given that the panels are only tweening in about half their usual distance, this seems proportionally as if it might be a clue.  Or it might not.

Anyway, the sample project I sent you for the last issue I had can be used to reproduce this, if you swap around the DOTween versions as mentioned - but only on the device build itself and not in the editor.  Let me know if you don't still have the Dropbox link from before, and I can PM it to you again if it helps.

Regards,
Shannon

Daniele

• Dr. Admin, I presume
    • View Profile
    • Demigiant
Re: Problem on iOS builds since 0.9.255
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 06:25:58 PM »
Hi Shannon,

My apologies, in the last version, where I made startup much faster, I also introduced a bug that didn't use UGUI RectTransforms correctly with Move tweens, and you just made me realize that (it was indeed due to the size difference). It's fixed now, get the latest update here.

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 06:35:35 PM »
Great, thanks for the fast turnaround.  I've done a fresh build and can confirm it is working again.

Daniele

• Dr. Admin, I presume
    • View Profile
    • Demigiant
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 06:36:33 PM »
Great! :)