all tweeners become more and more slower
« on: January 12, 2016, 11:07:28 AM »
Hi,Daniele!
    I am using DOTween Pro v0.9.290  (DOTween v1.0.750) in my project, the unity version is 4.6.8.
    There is a problem when I test my game on an android phone.
    everything goes well when I start the game, but when I play a while (about 1h or 2h) later, all DOTween's tweener becomes more and more slower.
    it looks like the tweener's timerscale have been set to large than 1, which I do not .

once I restart the game, it become correct.

Daniele

• Dr. Admin, I presume
    • View Profile
    • Demigiant
Re: all tweeners become more and more slower
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 11:57:32 AM »
Hi!

Uhmmm that is very weird. I have applications running DOTween even for a whole day, and never had this issue. Maybe you're not setting DOTween's timeScale, but you're instead changing Unity's timeScale (which would change the tweens timeScale too, unless they're set as timeScaleIndependent)?

Another thing might be that the phone somehow gets into "energy conservation" mode, but in that case you would see the framerate drop down, not the tweens getting slower, so I guess that's not it.

Let me know.

Cheers,
Daniele

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 12:31:28 PM »
Hi,

I have set DOTween.timeScaleIndependent = true, so I think the Unity's timeScale is not the reason.

this is why I think it's very weird.

Daniele

• Dr. Admin, I presume
    • View Profile
    • Demigiant
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 01:13:30 PM »
I'm afraid that the only way we can understand what's happening is if you add a UI panel somewhere in your game that constantly shows the current app FPS, Unity timeScale, and DOTween's timeScale (DOTween.timeScale). Those are the things that might cause the slowdown after a while, and seeing which one is changing would help a lot.

Also, there's a couple things you should try:
1) update to the latest DOTween Pro version (which comes packed with the latest DOTween)
2) if after the update the problem happens again, send me the Android log file, so maybe I can find something in there, even if it's not a DOTween problem