DOTween not take care of exceptions in callbacks?
« on: January 17, 2016, 01:36:55 AM »
This is either a question of if there's a way I can tell DOTween to not handle the exceptions or this is a feature request.

I'd rather get the exception so I can resolve it in development and the current information outputted isn't particularly useful. It tells me what exception was silently taken care of but not where it occurred or even which tween took care of it. I'm left in the dark is trying to figure out where the error is.

Code: [Select]
DOTWEEN :: An error inside a tween callback was silently taken care of > Array index is out of range.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
DG.Tweening.Core.Debugger:LogWarning(Object) (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__DOTween/_DOTween.Assembly/DOTween/Core/Debugger.cs:26)
DG.Tweening.Tween:OnTweenCallback(TweenCallback) (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__DOTween/_DOTween.Assembly/DOTween/Tween.cs:269)
DG.Tweening.Tween:DoGoto(Tween, Single, Int32, UpdateMode) (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__DOTween/_DOTween.Assembly/DOTween/Tween.cs:251)
DG.Tweening.Core.TweenManager:Update(UpdateType, Single, Single) (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__DOTween/_DOTween.Assembly/DOTween/Core/TweenManager.cs:391)
DG.Tweening.Core.DOTweenComponent:Update() (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__DOTween/_DOTween.Assembly/DOTween/Core/DOTweenComponent.cs:50)

Daniele

• Dr. Admin, I presume
    • View Profile
    • Demigiant
Re: DOTween not take care of exceptions in callbacks?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 02:03:50 AM »
Hi,

You can re-enable unhandled exceptions by disabling the safe mode in DOTween's settings panel.

Cheers,
Daniele

P.S. beware though, because in that case you'll have to take care of killing tweens on a target before that target is destroyed.