DO Tween Path - Multiple paths on a single game object?
« on: October 16, 2015, 01:13:31 AM »
Hi!

Just bought DoTween yesterday - it's great!  I've looked through the docs and Googled a little bit, though, and can't seem to find the answer my question:

Is it possible to add multiple paths to a single game object?  And then, from there, play a particular path animation based on user input?

In this example, I'd like to use DoTween to move the camera on a series of preset paths.  For example: if the user selects object 1, the camera will fly on a particular path to object 1.  If they had selected object 2, the camera flies on a different path to object 2, etc.  Then upon arriving at position 1, 2, or 3, there will be a series of other paths the camera can fly to based on a different set of user input.  So it's ultimately a whole tree of different paths I would like to use.

Is that something I can do with DoTween?

Re: DO Tween Path - Multiple paths on a single game object?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 08:25:29 PM »
Or - is there possibly a way to assign an ID to a path animation like the Move animations so I could target separate ones that way?

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 01:05:53 PM »
I have the same question. This seems like it would be a very common usage. Can we add this to it's capability please?
The issues i'm having are:
- can't edit the separate paths separately. they are all active at the same time.
- easier way to identify which path I'm referring to since there's no ID for the path exposed in the editor

Daniele

• Dr. Admin, I presume
    • View Profile
    • Demigiant
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 02:18:16 AM »
Hi, and surpersorry for the delayed answers. I don't know why this damn forum is sending me some notifications but not others.

Multiple paths aren't implemented in DOTween, because of its lightweight architecture and focus type. If you want an asset that is purely focused on paths I always suggest Simple Waypoint System, which uses DOTween in the background but with a different approach (a little heavier, but with much more options).

Cheers and sorry again,
Daniele