DOTween Pro Source?
« on: September 28, 2015, 11:33:54 PM »
Is the DOTween Pro source code available?

I ran into a situation where I needed to include DOTween as source files rather than DLLs, but DOTween Pro references the DLLs so it errors out with missing DLLs. The plan would be to include the DOTween Pro source files in the project and everything should compile together.

Daniele

• Dr. Admin, I presume
    • View Profile
    • Demigiant
Re: DOTween Pro Source?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 11:41:48 PM »
Hi,

Some DOTween Pro files come as lose script, but the core is a DLL, because it relies on DOTween's core which is a DLL too. That was a very pondered but necessary choice, because lose scripts wouldn't allow some features that compiled DLL do. You can find DOTween's source here (though not the Pro), but it won't work if you just use it as lose scripts.

Cheers,
Daniele

P.S. why can't you use the DLLs? If you're having issues with cloud build losing your DLLs, that's simply because GIT automatically disables versioning of DLL files, but you'll simply have to tell it to consider them too.

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 03:56:25 AM »
I was getting an error
Code: [Select]
Mono.Cecil.AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: 'UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'caused when loading DOTween46.dll. I'm using Unity 5.2. I don't know why it would complain about that, but using the raw source files for DOTween did fix that error. The DLLs are included in the git repo.

Daniele

• Dr. Admin, I presume
    • View Profile
    • Demigiant
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 01:19:49 PM »
Woah, that is very weird (I'm on Unity 5.2 too and have no such issue, nor I ever heard about it). Glad you solved it with the lose scripts though (and yes, I forgot to mention that if you only need the 43/46/50 libraries those will work as lose files).